Permanent Property Lawyer (Part time)
£41,732 – £46,474 pro-rata (inclusive of a market supplement) + £2,856 per annum car allowance
About the Property Lawyer role:
We have teamed up with Sellick Partnership who are assisting us to find our newest member of the NWL Legal team.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. This is a great opportunity to join a tight- nit, friendly team.
The successful Property Lawyer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Holding an interesting and varied caseload
- To carry out line management responsibilities in respect of the Property Legal Officer
- Providing legal advice in relation to commercial and residential property areas such as: due diligence; property transactions; regeneration projects; and compulsory purchase orders.
- Assist the Head of Department on issues of corporate governance including training, review of the constitution and providing advice on compliance and corporate governance.
- To ensure legality in the Council’s decision-making process
- Be part of the Practice Management team
- To develop the team, ensuring a culture of excellent customer service is a key focus
- To build pride, passion and reputation by creating a Council of excellence through strong motivational leadership.
- To promote the Council’s Equality and Diversity Policy to ensure service provision and employment practices are non-discriminatory.
The role is predominantly remote working however the council host a number of team days and meetings where in-person attendance is encouraged which are on a monthly cycle.
Benefits of the Property Lawyer role include:
- Competitive and advantageous salary
- Generous annual leave with the opportunity to purchase extra
- Local government pension
- Hybrid working options
- Flexible working patterns to suit other commitments
- Vehicle allowances
Experience required for the Property Lawyer role:
Prospective candidates need to be a qualified solicitor, legal executive, or barrister and to have previous experience of Commercial and /or Residential Property law, Compulsory Purchase Orders, Regeneration Projects. Local Authority experience is desirable but not a deal breaker.
How to apply for the Property Lawyer role:
We encourage interested applicants seeking part time (21 hours per week) to apply immediately to be considered for short listing.
Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please contact Ellie Warde in our Manchester office on 0161 834 1642 for a confidential discussion.