Permanent Senior Planning Lawyer
£41,732 – £46,474 (inclusive of a market supplement) + £2,856 per annum car allowance
About the Planning Lawyer role:
We have teamed up with Sellick Partnership who are assisting us to find our newest member of the NWL Legal team.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. This is a great opportunity to join a tight- nit, friendly team.
The successful Planning Lawyer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- General planning and regional matters such as s106s, Tree Preservation Orders, Footpaths, Highways, Planning Enforcement
- Attending planning committees in person which are around every 6-8 weeks
- This role will also be a managerial role for the trainee solicitor, general line managing responsibilities.
- To be part of the legal practice team and help them with governance and how they are as an authority.
- Briefing of the chairman/portfolio holder/members as required
- Liaise with a number of internal and external professionals
The role is predominantly remote working however the council host a number of team days and meetings where in-person attendance is a must. The committee meetings are ran on a cycle with other employees and take place every 6-8 weeks.
Benefits of the Planning Lawyer role include:
- Competitive and advantageous salary
- Generous annual leave with the opportunity to purchase extra
- Local government pension
- Hybrid working options
- Flexible working patterns to suit other commitments
- Vehicle allowances
Experience required for the Planning Lawyer role:
Prospective candidates need to be a qualified solicitor, legal executive, or barrister and to have previous experience of Planning Law, Advising Committees and Local Authority Law
How to apply for the Planning Lawyer role:
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing.
Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please contact Ellie Warde in our Manchester office on 0161 834 1642 for a confidential discussion.