At NWL Legal, we support you to navigate through a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters.
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Constitutional matters
- Council member disputes, complaints and code of conduct matters
- Providing support to client departments
- Processes and procedures
- Enforcing contracts
- Contract disputes and settlement agreements
We also provide legal support in Information Governance.
- Freedom of Information
- Subject Access Requests
- Data Protection, including GDPR compliance
A few examples
- Negotiating out of a contract breach and saving the client 85% of the amount sought
- Delivering training on the process of Assets of Community Value
- Advising on clawing back grant money where the recipient defaulted on terms
- Delivering transformation to GDPR compliance
- Various member matters
Training and Advice
With the ever increasing list of regulations and compliance requirements, staff need appropriate training. NWL Legal offers a range of training services, from avoiding disputes and litigation to explaining how regulations work and the steps required to ensure compliance.